Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Interesting Craigslist finds

I found some cute stuff on Craigslist. I just thought that this little tea cup and saucer was so pretty. This is what's inside the rim.

This is a close up. I like the base of the tea cup. The only problem with the tea cup is that...

...it has no handle...lol. It was broken off, which is why it was $2 bucks. I pretty much bought it for the plate lol. And I figure I could do something with it! Do you guys have any ideas? The lady said she just displayed it and turned it so no one could see the broken handle.

I also got this authentic hat pin holder. It says hand painted in Bulgaria on the bottom. It belonged to her husband's mother.

I just thought it was pretty. It was $12 dollars.

I don't know what to do with it though.

What should I put inside it?

The lady who was selling these and other items tried to say that all her stuff was in such good condition with no chips but boy let me tell you there were chips everywhere! She had a couple plates, tea pots, crystal, tea cups, saucers, creamers and sugar bowls. I just went...uh huh and inspected everything. Since so many things were beat up I really didn't find much. Then she told me that her daughter who is also 20 thought I was strange because I like all this stuff...wow thanks for telling me lady...I told her that I just had good taste for finer things. Then she had the audacity to ask me for free advertising for her items on my blog...

Anyway! Seriously what should I use the hatpin holder for? lol I don't own any hatpins. Wishing you all the best!

6 comments:

Monica said...

WOW WOW WOW!! Thant CUP is TERRIFIC!!!!
Hatpin with small bouquets of Spring flowers?? Please see my today's post!
I love to use those 'small vases' for tiny flowers!
Thanks for your lovely wishes,
Monica.

Lallee said...

Oh, those are beauties! I wonder if you could use some kind of stiff wire to make button flowers to put in the pin holder. I've seen some fun ones on Etsy before.

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

What a pretty teacup. I would break up the cup and use it in a mosaic project. The hatpin holder looks like a great bud vase. Have fun with it!

Dena said...

Hi Allison,

I would stick a few pretty silk roses in that hat pin holder. Maybe pink or white...and that teacup is adorable, with or without a handle :) I think it is the stories behind our treasures that make them all the more special.

Hugs,
Dena

Lindsay @ Makely said...

I would definitely use that hat pin holder as a bud vase! How lovely. Great finds!

Joanne Kennedy said...

Well you could always start a hat pin collection! Or the flowers would be pretty in there.

For the cup, I saw a darling little tea cup and saucer that had the cup laying down on top of the saucer (you could put the broken end down) and a little bird nest was laying in the cup with a little bird sitting on top of the cup. It was so cute.

In fact, it was at that store I told you about on Golden Lantern. It's called Generations and is by the Trader Joes in Laguna Niguel.

I'm into birds and nests right now so I would do that.

Where did you find these on CL? Under which section?

Hugs,
Joanne